Re: Web bug

> OK, this means if I set my browser to rejct cookies then
> no new cookies can come to my hard disk, even if I encounter
> many web bugs.

Some browsers allow you to select whether to accept or deny cookies based upon
the URL of the website you're visiting. So web-forums and the like, which use
cookies in ways that benefit you can still use cookies, but the sites trying
to use them to track you get denied.

> Any time I encounter a wen bug, that third party web site will
> get my IP address regardless of cookies.
>
> Correct?

That would be valid, but IP address alone is not a good way to identify
someone, as it can change (eg. dial-up).

To connect an IP to an account they'd have to get information from your ISP -
information your ISP wouldn't give them.

--
"As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error." - Weisert