Ambassador's Requests

First, I would like to say hi and thanks to everyone subscribed to this
list.  It has been an under-employed resource lately and I am looking to
change that.  So, speaking as not only an ambassador to LinuxSecurity.com,
but also for Guardian Digital, I have some opinion questions to ask regarding the
position of our resources in the community.

As the ambassador to LinuxSecurity.com, I've been put in charge of
developing methods to improve communications between those developing
LinuxSecurity and those using it, the number and type of security
resources available on the site, what works, and what doesn't.  As the
community's central resource for security, we're continually interested in
improving the value this list and the site provides.  Please take to the
time to respond so we can improve ourselves as a community resource.

What can we do to help you?

Why do you subscribe to this mailing list/What do you expect to get from
it?

What resources can we (LinuxSecurity) provide to improve our site and
the community?

My first thought would be to begin by asking comparison questions of the
readers.  For example:
How many people have a Honeypot or honeynet implemented?
How does it work for you?

I just finished Lance Spitzner's book "Honeypots: Tracking Hackers" and it
hit home, so I decided to grab an old p166-mmx and add a honeypot to my
home network.  I am also posting a review of the book soon.

If anyone has recently finished any security related books and would
like to write a review, email me and I'll send you the format.

Feel free to email me directly if you don't want to email the list.
We want to be a solid resource for the community and we are at your
disposal.  Let us know what you need from us.

--
Eric Lubow
Guardian Digital Inc.