RE: OT: certain ip ???

The RIPE NCC whois server is running on a machine that happens to have
this address on it's ethernet interface (check sh$ host whois.ripe.net).
And it also happens to be in the public part of the RIPE NCC's network
in Amsterdam, in the very same subnet that has www.ripe.net and
ftp.ripe.net in it.

The other stuff:
1.geotrace is bloody wrong about this address being in the gulf of
guinea, it's in amsterdam. don't question this again. period.
2.It is not a satelite connection, see the latency change from the
previous hop (Amsterdam1.ripe.net) to it, less than one milisecond.
3. 'this ip has occupied the mail server of my provider, and knows when
I\'m online' is a speculation based on no real information.

Please be correct at least in the data that you provide.
It would be interesting if you tell us what exactly worries you about
this ip address. Eventually paste a packet dump of the packets that you
worry about.

Regards,
Boyan Krosnov, CCIE#8701
http://boyan.ludost.net/
Just another techie speaking for himself

http://www.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dget&search=3D0xB1D405DA