list moderation

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Dave Wreski wrote:

> If necessary, we'll implement some type of
> moderation, but unless others wish to participate in the moderation, the
> turnaround will suffer.

Hi All,

I do not think that moderation is the way to go now, this list does not
have that much traffic and it is a nice feature to see questions
posted immediately and in a lot of cases also get a fast response.

I do agree with the point that we are starting to see some posts that
indicate that the person sending the questions have not even tried to use
a search engine to look for answers. I know this are annoying to most. I
have learned with time that their are no stupid questions, some people
are just lost. We can help these few people by reminding them of the
objective of this mailing list and possibly directing them to the correct
forum to post their question, or simply give them an URL if you care.

I would start moderating only if we start to see flames/offending post or
a high amount of off topic questions.

my .02

David Correa
http://www.linux-tech.com