Secure FTP and NAT

We've recently purchased WsFTP Server ver. 2.02 with SSL for use on our windoze-based network.
Our external co-workers use WsFTP client to update pages to the website.
We have a Linux firewall and a DMZ setup for our Web/FTP server in which everything passing through the firewall is masqueraded.
Likewise the clients on the other LAN are being masq'd.
After trying out this setup and failing, I found buried deep in the WsFTP knowledge base a comment that says you cannot make a secure connection if both the clients and the server are being masq'd (They used the term NAT - same difference)
After contacting Support, Their solution was to place the FTP server OUTSIDE the firewall.  Excuse me?
Has anyone else run into this before and found a better work-around?
Thanks in advance!

   ~ Trevor ~

P.S. - Before I get slammed with "Use something other than WsFTP" let me just say that it's not an option.  The windoze people already know WsFTP and won't learn something new.  The only thing different than what we're currently doing is the SSL aspect of it.
- Thanks again!

Trevor Wise
Assistant Internet Facilitator
Trus Joist, A Weyerhaeuser Business