Re: Re: Lab-WOW -How to use it ?

lasm,
Please see my comments below.

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 11:37 +0000, lasm.rm wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
>   Perhaps i should just explain that LAB-WOW basically converts a RGB
> mode image to LAB mode, then work on the color channels exclusively,
> i.e. a and b channel. This way, color saturation can be achieved
> without introducing artifacts as is the case with traditional
> hue/saturation adjustments.
>
>   I have been wondering what is the best way to present a UI option
> that could allow you to select a range of strength to apply to the
> curves... Using a slider might be a good choice...but to get the
> script out quickly i used a simpler method to fix the different curves.
>
>   How to use this script ?
> 1) Select color punch, run it with the strength you desire.
> 2) A new image will be created which is highly saturated.
> 3) Copy this image back to the original as a layer above the
>    Background
> 4) Slide the opacity level of the new image, and you will get
>    the level of saturation you want according to your taste..
>
>  Perhaps i should include step 3 as part of script so it automatically
> generates a layer instead of a new image ?
Ahh, I understand. Now I think the most saturated option may be the way
to go. And I do think it would be better to create a new layer in the
existing image instead of a separate one. Then one could use the opacity
level to do fine tuning as you suggest.

The down side to this is if one wanted to use this script in a batch
mode. Then the required user intervention would be not be desirable. In
that case, a level option (either through a slider or as you currently
have it) would be better.

>  Step 4) lets you control the amount of saturation you want to
> add to the photo. With this control is a slider still needed ?
>
>  Based on the belief that a nicely saturated image is useful for
> black and white conversion and conversion into line-art, i have
> extended the usefulness of the script a little by introducing
> new features... The kung-fu is missing and will be added next version.
What will be the intention of the kung-fu option?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM