Re: Lab-WOW -How to use it ?

Hi Tim,

  Perhaps i should just explain that LAB-WOW basically converts a RGB
mode image to LAB mode, then work on the color channels exclusively,
i.e. a and b channel. This way, color saturation can be achieved
without introducing artifacts as is the case with traditional
hue/saturation adjustments.

  I have been wondering what is the best way to present a UI option
that could allow you to select a range of strength to apply to the
curves... Using a slider might be a good choice...but to get the
script out quickly i used a simpler method to fix the different curves.

  How to use this script ?
1) Select color punch, run it with the strength you desire.
2) A new image will be created which is highly saturated.
3) Copy this image back to the original as a layer above the
   Background
4) Slide the opacity level of the new image, and you will get
   the level of saturation you want according to your taste..

 Perhaps i should include step 3 as part of script so it automatically
generates a layer instead of a new image ?

 Step 4) lets you control the amount of saturation you want to
add to the photo. With this control is a slider still needed ?

 Based on the belief that a nicely saturated image is useful for
black and white conversion and conversion into line-art, i have
extended the usefulness of the script a little by introducing
new features... The kung-fu is missing and will be added next version.

re,
lasm

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM