About Memory Mapped Files

Hi! guys,

I'm trying to know if this common (or not so) feature of windows world is available with the 390 kernel.

Some of the highlights are:

- allows you to read the file using a single pointer to memory;
- the file maybe contained into the swap file or you can use another swap to hold the in memory file;
- you can create views of portions of the file;
- you can assign a 'name' to the file to share those views among several applications;
- finally, is the way to share memory among exes and dlls since windows 95.

I have used this feature in the windows world. Now, I'm trying to move the applications into Linux with the idea to run them in a 390 environment. Thus, I would like to know it the feature is replicated. In case it is not present in Linux environment, I will need to make some turn around for each instance I used the feature.

I will be so thank you for your hints.

Carlos M. Morales