RE: Setting up Printers

We are relatively small, and have only one Win NT server  which provides the WINS service to everyone. So, the 172.16.0.121 address is common to everyone here. Here are the results of the grep:

[root@cofr3 root]# ps -ax | grep mbd
 3099 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
 3106 ?        S      0:06 /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
12316 pts/0    S      0:00 grep mbd

Perhaps a more astute observation involves the LPR daemon. It appears that LPR does not want to start because there are no printers defined. The paradox to me is that the bhrshp1 printer is in fact defined as a printer share in the smb.conf file.

[bhrshp1]
        path = /var/spool/lpd/bhrshp1
        valid users = root,illingsk,@Treasury
        printable = Yes

This makes me inclined to believe that this issue is more closely associated with the lpr daemon rather than wins. Any suggestions on what configuration changes I need to make to get it started would be greatly appreciated.

>>> "Post, Mark K" <mark.post@eds.com> 12/09/02 12:26PM >>>
Since you're specifying a WINS server, you should make sure that your Win2K
clients are using the _same_ WINS server.  The other thing to do is make
sure that nmbd is running: ps ax | grep mbd

Mark Post