RE: Webmin

IFCONFIG indicates that CTCs were used and here are the results:

[root@cofr3 webmin]# ifconfig
ctc0      Link encap:Serial Line IP
          inet addr:172.17.60.6  P-t-P:172.17.60.5  Mask:255.255.0.0
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:32760  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:52867928 (50.4 Mb)  TX bytes:3277359 (3.1 Mb)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:24597 (24.0 Kb)  TX bytes:24597 (24.0 Kb)

I handed this over to our system programmers with your advice on the matching it with the VM TCPIP MTU spec, and after several attempts, managed to start tarball some smaller files ok. Got to several hundred more files in the webmin tarball. But, the secure shell still hung with loss of keyboard functionality before finishing the tar. They had let Max Transfer Units default for the VM TCP/IP MTU specification. It does, however, appear that you have directed us correctly.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Ken Illingsworth

>>> "Post, Mark K" <mark.post@eds.com> 11/20/02 03:10PM >>>
This: "I have not been able to regain mouse or keyboard functionality within
it" sounds an awful lot like an MTU mis-match between your system and the
rest of the network.

Ask your VM system programmers what the VM TCP/IP MTU specification is, and
make sure that yours matches (ifconfig iucv0).  Then see if the problem goes
away.

Mark Post