From: Kenneth Illingsworth [mailto:ILLINGSK@cityofrochester.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:53 PM
To: mark.post@eds.com
Cc: borgan@redhat.com
Subject: RE:  Webmin

The tar command starts, and coincidentally explodes out significantly more
files if I use the PUTTY ssh client as opposed to CigWin, but always stops
in the secure shell short of completely processing the tarball. No errors
complaining of a corrupted tarball file. I have been simply closing the
secure shell as I have not been able to regain mouse or keyboard
functionality within it.

The downloaded file size matches exactly the 5,686,280 bytes you indicated,
and the URL is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.020.tar.gz?use_mirror=t
elia   I used the Reston VA mirror. Webmin v1-030 is also now available.

Unfortunately, I did not see an MD5SUM program to download along with
webmin. I did take the liberty of downloading this file again, but the
results were the same. I also tried tarballing MySQl again - ng.

Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself, but when I requested that the Linux VM
machine be configured, I took the liberty of asking for a few things.
Namely, that the max of 4 processors be specified on the Machine ESA
statement, and that the max of 256MB ram be allocated to the Linux VM User
instead of the default 128. Additionally, I requested that IUCVs be employed
instead of CTCs for improved performance. I was motivated to ask for these
things based upon the Linux VM cookbook that I found at:
http://reason.marist.edu/cookbook.pdf. I suspect that these requests were
ignored. Configuration always made a big difference on other platforms. Why
not under VM? Given the boundary between the system programmers and the
Linux team, I am not sure how to verify the configuration and/or whether it
matters.

Thanks again for both of your responses.

Regards,
Ken Illingsworth

>>> "Post, Mark K" <mark.post@eds.com> 11/20/02 01:43PM >>>
Ken,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "hangs."  Do you mean _nothing_
happens?  (Probably not, since you talk about trying to run setup.sh)  Does
tar complain about a corrupted archive?  Did you compare the file size to
what was on the FTP/web server?  According to what I can find, the file
should be 5,686,280 bytes, with an md5sum of
ca559d49ad71abf721564df8436de2cf.

Mark Post