Re: [Redhat-s390-list] CTC setup

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 09:20:25AM -0600, Michael K Lambert wrote:
> Hello, again.
>
> Presently,I've got a working Red Hat image under VM. Unfortunately, our VM
> guru hasn't had the time to set up TCP/IP connectivity to the outside
> world, so the only communication I have with the Red Hat image is through
> an IUCV link with a SuSE image. I want to create a CTC link (more reliable)
> between the two images, but I can't access Red Hat's graphical network
> setup utility (NEat) because I can't export the display to my PC due to the
> lack of connectivity.
>
> I've been looking for a CTC "cookbook" that details how to manually setup a
> CTC connection in Red Hat, but have so far been unable to find any. I've
> looked through the three Linux/390 RedBooks, but they do not address this
> issue. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly
> appreciate it.

Something similar should be all that is needed, followed by a reboot
or by a "ifup ctc0" as root:

[laroche@s390 laroche]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ctc0
DEVICE=ctc0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=172.16.3.225
REMIP=192.168.20.1
GATEWAY=192.168.20.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
MTU=1492
[laroche@s390 laroche]$

cu,

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]