Re: [Redhat-s390-list] No LCS module found after following README instructions

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 09:48:18AM -0500, Michael K Lambert wrote:
> We are attempting to intall the latest Red Hat isos onto an LPAR on our
> s390, which is currently running SuSe. We have run into a couple of
> problems right from the start.
>
> First, there is a typo in the README.
> The line 'gzip < ~redhat/images/initrd.img > initrd.img_unc'
> should read 'gunzip < ~redhat/images/initrd.img > initrd.img_unc'. A small
> point, but worth changing.

Fixed, thanks.

> Second, after downloading the LCS modules from IBM and inserting them into
> our Initrd.img in the initrd/lib directory, we are still receiveing a no
> module found message when we attempt startup. We are thinking of inserting
> the lcs.o file into the /lib/modules/2.4.7-6.1BOOT/kernel/drivers/s390/net/
> directory, but I would like some confirmation if this is the actual problem
> before I ruin any more CDs.

/lib/lcs.o should be the correct location.

> So, does anyone know if this is the necessary course of action and, if not,
> what we should be doing instead? Thank you.

We haven't tested this ourselves yet. The only feedback I have heard until
now is, that the tape kernel is looping at bootup, so this kernel should
also be avoided.

I have one loopback-mount problem for newer kernel images left, then I
hope we can upload a new kernel. Though this is going out today, it is
at the moment delayed until sometimes next week.

cu,

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]