[Redhat-s390-list] No LCS module found after following README instructions

We are attempting to intall the latest Red Hat isos onto an LPAR on our
s390, which is currently running SuSe. We have run into a couple of
problems right from the start.

First, there is a typo in the README.
The line 'gzip < ~redhat/images/initrd.img > initrd.img_unc'
should read 'gunzip < ~redhat/images/initrd.img > initrd.img_unc'. A small
point, but worth changing.

Second, after downloading the LCS modules from IBM and inserting them into
our Initrd.img in the initrd/lib directory, we are still receiveing a no
module found message when we attempt startup. We are thinking of inserting
the lcs.o file into the /lib/modules/2.4.7-6.1BOOT/kernel/drivers/s390/net/
directory, but I would like some confirmation if this is the actual problem
before I ruin any more CDs.

So, does anyone know if this is the necessary course of action and, if not,
what we should be doing instead? Thank you.

Michael Lambert

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]