Re: [Redhat-s390-list] A (possibly stupid) question (or two)

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 01:34:39PM -0700, Michael Durket wrote:
> I want to upgrade my copy of the gcc compiler for the RedHat beta
> because I've run into a number of cases where -O2 optimization simply
> doesn't work right.
>
> This is a known problem, and I'm assuming that the fixes that IBM have
> posted to their alpha pages fix the problems. Since IBM's patch levels
> don't seem to correspond to RedHat's numbering scheme, I'd planned to
> download the SRPM for gcc from the RedHat private beta site, see what
> patches had been applied and then add any new IBM patches to that and
> rebuild the RPMs.
>
> However, I see that the RedHat beta site is no longer present (at least
> not under the directory in the original announcement message). There
> appears to be an s390 version under /pub and it appears to have been
> updated quite recently.
>
> There's also a note in the doc directory which states that this is based
> on the "20010405 update". Is that a reference to an IBM update level
> (such that I could find what patches had been applied)? Does this level
> have all the gcc fixes (such that -O2 should now work)? Should I update
> my running version of the original beta from this copy?

20010405 is the date where all current rpms from Red Hat Linux have been
taken here at Red Hat.

ftp://ftp.redhat.de.pub/s390/ contains the newest s390 version and
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/s390/ still needs another
update to push current things out.

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]