Re: [Redhat-s390-list] tr0 support in install scripts

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 07:19:18AM +0100, Rob van der Heij wrote:
> For S/390 installations it is not unusual to have Token Ring on
> the floor rather than Ethernet. I found quite a few places in
> the install scripts where the tests were hairy to add tr0 as the
> interface (e.g. where 'not eth' means point-to-point connection).
>
> If possible it would be nice to support more than a single
> interface already during install (to have a private IUCV connection
> to a NFS server and use the proper one for telnetting in) but if I
> can get in before running the install script I should be fine.
>
> While install with nfs-root is elegant I think it is rather tough
> for the people who have been installing SuSE so far. They already
> have trouble enough getting one system up, having another one close
> enough to run nfs-root is a problem.
> If you could add tar etc to the initrd we could just untar nfs-root
> on a second disk and use that as our root file system for the real
> install. I would love to do this myself but I lack both time and
> skills.

The existing code is small and good, but it must be extended with
all above suggestions to get a real flexible installer. I have
already added the above things in a TODO list for the installer.

Thanks,

Florian La Roche

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]