[Redhat-s390-list] tr0 support in install scripts

For S/390 installations it is not unusual to have Token Ring on
the floor rather than Ethernet. I found quite a few places in
the install scripts where the tests were hairy to add tr0 as the
interface (e.g. where 'not eth' means point-to-point connection).

If possible it would be nice to support more than a single
interface already during install (to have a private IUCV connection
to a NFS server and use the proper one for telnetting in) but if I
can get in before running the install script I should be fine.

While install with nfs-root is elegant I think it is rather tough
for the people who have been installing SuSE so far. They already
have trouble enough getting one system up, having another one close
enough to run nfs-root is a problem.
If you could add tar etc to the initrd we could just untar nfs-root
on a second disk and use that as our root file system for the real
install. I would love to do this myself but I lack both time and
skills.

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]