[Redhat-s390-list] Install feedback

I believe that I've installed the private beta. However, I ran into the
following problems:

1) The installer does not successfully dasdfmt and mke2fs the volumes
   (it says it's formatting, but the usual messages from dasdfmt do not
    appear on the system console, and it takes very little time to complete
    each volume). Doing my own dasdfmt and mke2fs worked fine. There's also
    no place to specify which volume should be swap, but I did a mkswap on
    the swap volume after formatting it and on the boot of the newly installed
    system it found it, so no big deal.

2) When loading the RPMS from the NFS volume, you get constant error messages
   regarding the inability to monitor the NFS server (something related to
   lockd I suppose). However, the install of the RPMS  seems to work.

3) xauth seems to not be installed - this causes an error when using ssh
   to get to the newly-built system.

4) The preliminary instructions are sketchy at best. You don't apparently need
   to run gen-nfsroot, all you have to do is untar the nfs-root package that's
   already been built.

5) There's some weird error message during the initial boot about the clock
   going backwards and taking countermeasures - can't figure out what that's
   about.

All in all, though, it's RedHat - and except for the oversights (which are
understandable), it's more complete than the SuSE GA version, where many things
are not present, and you have to go hunting all over the web for the RPMs you're
missing.

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora General Discussion]     [LKML]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch]     [Red Hat Development]     [Linux s390]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]