Possible to run a script before dependency check in rpm ?

Hi,

We have rpm 4.13.0.1 in AIX Operating system. AIX native fileset packaging is installp/rte. We have some packages/libraries coming via installp/rte fileset which rpm won't be having in it's database.

For example, Openssl comes via this format. Curl which we are providing as a rpm depends on openssl libraries. So it has shared library dependency and rpm installation will fail if one doesn't have openssl installp fileset installed.

Is there any way to inform the user ( Some detailed error message about where to take openssl and install it) when the installation fails because of dependency check ? Any option through the SPEC file ?

Thanks
Ayappan P