Re: exclude the provides and requires together

> On 08/04/2018 08:40 PM, d tbsky wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>      i am trying to build a rpm which include some libraries.  these
>> libraries conflicts with distribution's rpms, so I want to exclude
>> them.
>>
>>    at first I " __provides_exclude" all the files with my rpm, then I
>> found the rpm need them itself when install.
>>
>>    next  I tried to "__requires_exclude" all the files also. but then
>> some necessary external required libraries are skipped when install.
>>
>>    finally I found what I really want is find out all the rpm
>> "provides" lists, then "__provides_exclude"  and  "__requires_exclude"
>> the lists.
>>
>>   I search the email-list but can not find a similar marco for such
>> things. the suggestion years ago is manually find out the names and
>> exclude them.
>>
>> I wonder with recent rpm, is it possible to write a macro, which will
>> "__find_provides" and the feed the list as regex to
>> "__provides_exclude" and "__provides_exclude"?
>

> No, it doesn't work like that.
>
> If you just want to disable all autogenerated dependencies on your package,
> don't bother messing with depgen excludes. Just add this to your spec:
>
> AutoReqProv: no
>
> If you do need more fine-grained then define a macro for the filter regex
> and use that with both __provides_exclude and __requires_exclude to avoid
> duplication. In some circumstances it's easier to filter by path instead, eg
> __provides_exclude_from (and same for requires). See
> http://rpm.org/user_doc/dependency_generators.html for details.
>
>         - Panu -

Hi:
   with "AutoReqProv: no", it  is just like exclude all the
requires/provides, so it will miss external library requires.
what I want is exclude "internal" requires/provides, but keep
auto-find external library requires.

   I now just find out what auto-provide found, and exclude them in
provides/requires. so auto-find external libraries will stay.
but it seems stupid and should be automated.