What is the function of 'Requires(pre)' in spec file?

Hi List!

I post to ask for the differenced between 'Requires' and 'Requires(pre)' used in RPM spec file.

As RPM wiki[1] tells, dependency defined via 'Requires(pre)' should be fulfilled before installation and can be freely removed after installation, and 'Requires'  should be fulfilled after installation but before execution.

However, things won't stick to the script in real life. I find these two work in the same way.

Suppose I want to install package A, which depends on package B. RPM stops the process and warns me the dependency. After B is installed, installation of A turns to be succeed. Then I remove B, RPM erases both A and B! No matter it is "Requires(pre)" or "Requires".

Shouldn't A stay operational after I remove B if I use 'Requires(pre)' ?