Re: How to parse an RPM file name?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM, James Antill <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  If you just have the filenames and want code in python, this is your
> best bet:
>
> from rpmUtils.miscutils import splitFilename
>
> (n, v, r, e, a) = splitFilename(filename)

Ah, that's exactly what I'm looking for!  Thank you!  Seems much more
official than a homebrew regex.

I've written a python script called rpmdev-nameparse which I'd like to
be considered for inclusion in the rpmdev package.  Here is the code:
http://www.whatexit.org/tal/nameparse.tar

What is the process to request that it be included?  I followed the
instructions on http://www.rpm.org/wiki/Contribute but it isn't clear
what to do once I've discussed it on this mailing list.

Thanks!
Tom

--
Email: tal@xxxxxxxxxxxx    Work: tlimoncelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx