rpmbuild how to handle "%" in filenames.

Hi,

I have an issue related to rpmbuild. I bundle alot of rubygems inside my
rpm file.

My issue is that some of these files contains "%" in filename and when I
specify them under the %files section rpmbuild handle them as an macro.

So is there a way to tell rpmbuild to not handle these filenames as an macro?
Tried with \% %% %%%% but none of these seems to be sufficient.

Here is some os related information

rpmbuild --version
RPM version 4.8.0

-bash-4.1$ cat /etc/*release*
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)

Looked for a solution in several days now but not found any so I really
hope anyone have any input that could point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mikael