%config(noreplace) *AND* %verify directives for the same file

Is it possible to use both directives %config and %verify for the same file? And if so, how? Adding both directives to the same line yields an error, and having two lines in %files for the same file, yields a complaint about the file being listed twice.

The reason I want to do this, is as follows:

At my work, we use rpm to pack files for a high-level machine control system. Some of the configuration files are supposed to be editable on the target system, without that being flagged as an verification error. But they must be there, so if there isn't a file in place already, we want the template distributed in the rpm package to be put in place.

If the combination of %verify and %config is not possible, I'd appreciate an idea about how to accomplish the same thing, with a minimum of complications.

--
/Wegge
<http://wiki.wegge.dk>