Re: RPM and file extended attributes

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Mangalampalli, JayantX wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to preserve fileʼs extended attributes in RPM packages? I
have some files that I want packaged and they have some EAs (like
security.selinux etc) that I wish to preserve when installing them
elsewhere. Can RPM be configured to preserve them? I could not find any
options that help do that.

Not sanely possible currently, and probably wont be anytime soon either. What you can in theory do now is set the EAs from %post, but this gets real ugly fast, and for many things you dont really want the raw EA. For example selinux parts can vary based on system policy, so just copying the raw EA might not have the desider effect on another host.

	- Panu -