File name conflicts with other similar packages?

Hi all,

I have created an rpm called Astronaut on sourceforge.net that comes
in several flavors: Nostromo, WorldVistA and more in the future. They
should install without difficulty side-by-side. However, while some of
the files that the rpm installs have the same name, they do not get
installed in the same directories.  rpm -i is warning me that they
have duplicate filenames which they do but they do not get installed
to the same locations. I have to use --force to make it install
anyway.  I do want to have entirely separate instances with the same
filenames which is what it does now but gives the warning. How do I
avoid this problem without --force?

-- IV