Re: problem with ./configure of rpm-4.7.0

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Onofre, Tracy wrote:

I grabbed the rpm-4.7.0.tar.bz2 from online and uncompressed it using the
tar xvjf rpm-4.7.0.tar.bz2 command.

After that I cd rpm-4.7.0 and ./configure

At the end of the process I was hit with

checking nspr.h usability... no

checking nspr.h presence... no

checking for nspr.h... no

configure: error: missing required NSPR / NSS header

I am new with working in the Unix environment and was hoping that someone
could help me resolve this error ASAP.

NSS and NSPR are quite a PITA from auto*foo perspective as there's no reliable way of determining the location of their headers, so you'll need to tell configure about it manually as explained in INSTALL, something like (depending of course where the NSS and NSPR headers are installed):

./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss"

Or if you are lucky and your distro includes pkg-config files for NSS and NSPR, you can get by with something like:

./configure CPPFLAGS="`pkg-config --cflags nss`"

	- Panu -