Re: Dependency problem when "post" runs command from the rpm

Toralf Lund wrote:
Toralf Lund wrote:
Valery Reznic wrote:

[ ... ]

So, this is when I use "Requires(post)",
isn't it? But how do I set it up? The Requires of the package is a very long list, and
most of the entries are added via the "AutoReqProv"
mechanism, so duplicating the info by hand for "Requires(post)" is rather hard. [ ... ]
\
To keep Requires and Requires(post) in sync you can use rpmrebuild
(http://rpmrebuild.sf.net)
First you build your package as usual.
Then you use rpmrebuild to rebuild package. You'll need to write plugin for --change-spec-requires.
It's can be something like
Right. I never thought of that.

This does seems like a rather roundabout way of going about it, though, and I was really hoping for some sort of support within rpmbuild itself.
But actually, I can't seem to reproduce the original problem now, i.e. when I retry the installation, the packages are installed in the "correct" order without Requires(pre). And many this is what I should expect; rpm does try to order packages according to (normal) Requires these days, doesn't it.

Yet I'm quite sure that it somehow decided to install the package using certain libs after the ones providing them when I tested this earlier.

I'm confused ;-(
... confused enough to get the above bit the wrong way around. What I meant to say, was that a package requiring some libs was somewhat unexpectedly installed first of all even though rpms providing the libs were specified on the same command line.

- Toralf