Re: Dependency problem when "post" runs command from the rpm

Valery Reznic wrote:

--- On Thu, 9/11/08, Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Dependency problem when "post" runs command from the rpm
Date: Thursday, September 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
I've run into an installation order issue related to the
"post" [ ... ]

So, this is when I use "Requires(post)",
isn't it? But how do I set it up? The Requires of the package is a very long list, and most of the entries are added via the "AutoReqProv" mechanism, so duplicating the info by hand for "Requires(post)" is rather hard. [ ... ]
\
To keep Requires and Requires(post) in sync you can use rpmrebuild
(http://rpmrebuild.sf.net)
First you build your package as usual.
Then you use rpmrebuild to rebuild package. You'll need to write plugin for --change-spec-requires.
It's can be something like
Right. I never thought of that.

This does seems like a rather roundabout way of going about it, though, and I was really hoping for some sort of support within rpmbuild itself.

Thanks anyway...

- Toralf
sed -n -e 'p' -e 's/^Requires:/Requires(post):/p'

Valery

- Toralf

Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> +47 66 85 51 22
ProCaptura AS                       +47 66 85 51 00 (switchboard)
http://www.procaptura.com/          +47 66 85 51 01 (fax)