Re: rpmbuild goes crazy writing duplicate files in /cd/usr/.... "Identical binaries are copied, not linked"...

2008/5/13 devzero2000 <pinto.elia@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hmm. you use %makeinstall or make DESTDIR=%{buildroot} ?
>
> What happen if you do rpmbuild -bi <spec> ?
>
> Do you think it is a macro problem ? try to put %debug as first declaration
> in your spec .

Thanks for trying to help.  I tried %debug, but got this:

error: line 1: Unknown tag: %debug

The source code I'm trying to build is found here:

http://www-ice.iarc.fr/~martyn/software/jags/JAGS-1.0.2.tar.gz

and the spec file I'm trying is attached to this message.

I've been reading the output of the build and I am simply baffled why
it suddenly inserts cd at the beginning of the install dir.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science

BuildRequires:    lapack, libRmath-devel
Requires:         lapack, libRmath
Requires(post):   ldconfig
Requires(postun): ldconfig

%description
JAGS is Just Another Gibbs Sampler.  It is a program for analysis of
Bayesian hierarchical models using Gibbs sampling not wholly unlike
BUGS.  JAGS was written with three aims in mind:
 * To have an engine for the BUGS language that runs on Unix
 * To be extensible, allowing users to write their own functions, distributions and samplers.
 * To be a plaftorm for experimentation with ideas in Bayesian modelling

%prep

%setup -n JAGS-%{version}

%build
%configure
%{__make}

%install

make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot}

%clean
%{__rm} -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%pre

%post -p /sbin/ldconfig

%preun

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc AUTHORS  COPYING  ChangeLog  INSTALL  NEWS  README  TODO
%{_bindir}/*
%{_libdir}/*
%{_includedir}/*
%{_libexecdir}/*