How to update a RHEL5 Satellite Server repo

I have created an install server/yum update server one a centralized RHEL5 Server (5.1, kernel 2.6.18-53.1.13)

I am using apache2 on the server and http on the clients for both installing and updating.

This centralized install/update servers runs other aplications such as Nagios. Because of this is has many optional packages installed.

I populated my update repository by performing a new build on a client server then ran "yum -y --downloadonly --downloaddir=/var/www/htdocs/yum update". I then transerred the downloaded packages to the management server into /var/www/htdocs/yum. Lastly I ran "createrepo ." to create the repository.  On the clients I added a repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d/companyx.repo

[rhel-companyx]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - i386
baseurl=http://server1.companyx.com/yum
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-company

I ran yum update on the client server and it performed perfectly.

I reliazed at that point I didn't have a method of keeping the yum update repo up to date. If I run yum -y --downloadonly --downloaddir=/var/www/htdocs/yum update  on the mangement server the repo will be populated with packages not installed on any of my clients. Maybe I need to create a repo for each client and somehow replicate the client RPM databases to the management server. Even if I do replicated the rpm db to the managment server  I don't see the oprion --dbpath in yum that rpm has so I don't know how to utilized the client rpmdb.

I am stuck and have to have this project done in a couple of days. I am under pressure !

Oh, and purchasing the RedHat Satellite Server product from RedHat is not an option for me.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.........

--Thanks, Chris