Re: How to disable running installation scriptlets during build time

2008/1/17 <patrice.elasri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

rpm : 4.4.7
platforms : HPUX 11.23 / ia64, aix 5.3

Hi,

Building a rpm package, I noticed that, right now, installation scriptlets are run at build time, during the "processing files" step. It seems to me having seen on Internet that this is for finding required files/commands used in those scriptlets.

There is a means to automate scriptlet dependencies using bash --rpm-requires.

In rpm-4.4.4 (and later) the mechanism for automating has been added
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# executable(...) configuration.
#
# Path to scripts to autogenerate executable(foo) script dependencies,
#
# Note: Used iff _use_internal_dependency_generator is non-zero. The
# helpers are also used by %{_rpmhome}/rpmdeps {--provides|--requires}.
#%__executable_provides %{_rpmhome}/executabledeps.sh --provides
#%__executable_requires %{_rpmhome}/executabledeps.sh --requires
%__scriptlet_requires   /bin/bash --rpm-requires

Tokens in an executable context are parsed as dependencies. E.g. this
scriptlet
    rm -rf %{buildroot}
will generate
    Requires: executable(rm)
and an executable called "rm" will be checked for on PATH during
installation during dependency checking, just like which(1) or bash(1)
would do.

Meanwhile, note that bash --rpm-requires is not perfect. The patch
to bash needs to be improved before the mechanism is 100% reliable.

Is there a way to disable this execution, because I do some things which cannot be possibly done on the building platform.

I'm not sure what you ask. You can disable the mechanism on the build system,
yes. But the mechanism is entirely done on the install, not the build, platform if
used correctly.

73 de Jeff