RE : %clean section not processed

In fact, I'm using the %{buildroot}.tmp as a temporary working directory to store especially my own find_requires script (including "%{__cat} >/dev/null") and a env.sh shell script, used to pass some environment variables between the building scriptlets. So my %clean section removes both %{buildroot} and %{buildroot}.tmp directories.
Is there really no way at all to enable the %clean section ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Michael Jennings
Envoyé : mercredi 16 janvier 2008 21:01
À : rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: %clean section not processed

On Wednesday, 16 January 2008, at 17:08:23 (+0100),
patrice.elasri@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm using rpm 4.4.7 which I have built on HPUX 11.23 / ia64. I have
> written a spec file with a specific %clean section. However, it
> seems that this one is not processed, but replaced by a default one
> which simply removes the buildroot directory. Is there something new
> to set or configure with this version, in order to use its own
> %clean section ?

The %clean section is deprecated because it was almost always
identical to the new built-in version, or it was incorrect/missing.
If your package requires something in %clean that isn't covered in the
default, you've probably made a packaging error.

If you pastebin the spec file, I'm sure folks would be willing to take
a gander at it for you and give you some feedback.

Michael

PS:  You probably want to move this to rpm-users@xxxxxxxx for all
versions of RPM > 4.4.2

--