Supporting multiple Linux platforms

Hi,
  I need to create installers for a product in multiple Unix variants and Windows: Linux RedHat, Suse, SunOS,HP-UX, AIX, Win2k, Win2003, ...

  We decided to use native installers, therefore I need to create an RPM package for Linux.  The product is supported in multiple versions of RedHat Linux: RH3, RH4, RH5 and in multiple architectures 32 and 64-bit.
  The application runs mainly in Java, but there is a supporting set of binaries.  We have a different set of binaries for each Linux platform.

  I have been creating a single RPM, including the binaries for all Linux platforms and using scripts to copy the right set of binaries to our app "bin" folder and removing all other platform binaries.

   Nevertheless, the built-in dependency processing does not allow me to install the package because all lib dependencies for all platforms cannot be satisfied.

   I need some advice. Should I break my package into multiple RPMs?
   I would really like to minimize the number of RPMs that I need to create.
   Is it "wrong" to create a single RPM for all OSversion-architecture ? How do I avoid the dependency checking? Should I follow a different path?

   I already have to create multiple installers -one for each OS we support- and I would like to keep the number of installers to a minimum.
   Since we support multiple OS and we decided to use native installers, we are having a big learning curve, since we need to be well versed in creating RPM packages for Linux, MSI installers for Windows, Solaris packages and SD packages for HP-UX.  Minimizing the complexity on the packaging is key for maintainability

   Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jorge