forcing BuildArch

Hello all,

Is there a "proper" way to force BuildArch other than in each spec file? I've been all through the macros file and elsewhere trying to determine what sets off the %%{ARCH} and I haven't seen anything concrete. I'm assuming rpm is just doing a uname -m or -p and grabbing the arch for itself, but I'd like to just specify a default type since its now wrong. In the past we've always built as "sparc64" by default, and with the upgrade to rpm-4.4.9 its picking out "sun4u" instead. Naturally this confuses our repo. I've been getting around it with BuildArch: sparc64, but I figured there has to be a better way to set this in the macros files or somewhere else.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
-Dave