Re: %triggerpostun fires all the time

On Sep 18, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Kai wrote:

Hi,

I've create an rpm package named mypackage-3.0-1.i386.rpm that contains a triggerpostun section like this:

%triggerpostun -- mypackage < 2.0-1
echo Running trigger for %{version}-${release}

I expect the trigger to only run when upgrading a version of mypackage less than 2.0-1. However, it appears the trigger is run no matter what version is being upgraded.

Can someone explain me the syntax and semantics of the triggerpostun directive?

See /usr/share/doc/rpm-X.Y/triggers for syntax.

Note that %triggerpostun has always had an odd semantic that was changed in 4.4.8 to agree with what was written in the scriptlet execution order at the end of the triggers note.

Basically there has never been a usage case for %triggerpostun, the same goal can be achieved in other ways.

See details in bugzilla #210626.

73 de Jeff