Re: RPM Development as non-root

On 28 Jun 2007, at 19:47, Michael Dengler wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I've checked out the suggestions and both sound like they will get the job done except:

mock needs to be installed to do the job...sysadmins won't allow it.

At this point I think you need to consider applying a baseball bat.  Or get them to give you a build VM (still use a build environment within that).

same goes for mezzanine.

also for mach, which is another similar solution.

What would be perfect is if I could simply "rpm -ivh --prefix /isolated/directory/ rpm-devel.rpm"

Really you end up needing chroot do to a properly isolated build environment.  That needs root, so basically either requires a package to be installed, or it needs you to have superuser access.

Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]