RPM Development as non-root

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to do this:

We have a build machine that I want to use to build rpms. The Sysadmin's for this build machine are adamant that all build tools must be kept separate from the OS and it root fs.

example: If ant is needed to build some java packages, the ant source package is retrieved from a mounted repository, temporarily installed to a custom location, ant builds the project and then ant is uninstalled.

I need to emulate this behaviour with rpmbuild but am having a lot of difficulties.

Is there a way to install rpmbuild to a temporary, isolated location, use it to build some rpms, then remove it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike