Re: refactored packages cause conflict/dependency issue

I tried doing:
rpm -Uvh rolledup-libs.rpm libx.rpm
but this failed because of the dependencies of existing packages. I'm
guessing but I think that when rpm tries to uninstall the previous rev
of rolledup-libs it does the dependency check and says I can't remove
libx.so because other packages need it.

On 6/21/07, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:13:37PM -0500, Xavier Toth wrote:
> I previously had a package in which rolled up a number of shared
> libraries. Now I've placed one of the shared libraries in its own
> package. So now the shared library package no longer provides I'll
> call it libx.so and the new package does. Other installed packages
> depend on the libx.so shared library. When I try and update the shared
> library package it fails because of the dependency of other packages
> on the shared library that it previously provided. Also if I try and
> install the new package it fails because of the conflict with the
> shared library package over the providing of libx.so. What is the
> correct way to handle such a situation? I'd prefer not to resort to
> --force or --replacefiles.

Install both of your new packages at the same time.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>