Removing RPMS inside another RPM?

I'm trying to manage some RPM-GPG-KEYS with an RPM.

But, what I want to do is remove all keys before installing the new
ones.  Unfortunately, it seems I can't actually do remove actions
inside the RPM, because it complains :

warning: waiting for transaction lock
error: can't create transaction lock

I'm trying to do this first before rpm --importing the public keys :

/bin/rpm --erase --allmatches -- gpg-pubkey

I also tried by calling an external script inside the RPM to do this,
but I still get the same result.  I'm sure there is a better way, any
thoughts?  I'd like to try to get this done inside the RPM, so when
the RPM is installed or upgraded, any new/old keys are properly
handled.

Thanks,
Wes