Re: using rpmmacros to automatically update release

Jeff Johnson a écrit :

>> is there a way to define a macro saying something like
>> Release: %{release}.repo
>
> That should work exactly as is.

In a spec file.

ok, this is what I suspected. The fact is that I would prefer not modifying the spec file.

Humm, I think I'm doing something wrong.
I've put the above line in my ~/.rpmmacro file and... nothing.
release remains what is defined in the spec file.

Try in ~/.rpmmacros
  %release yadda

Or from command line
   --define 'release yadda'

not working here because, I think, release is defined in the spec file.
do you know af another way to solve this ?

are we sure that the spec file is always on last position ?

The position is deterministic iirc.

ok, thanks.

> There's also a file flag that marks a spec file in a src rpm iirc.

Humm, very interesting.
I'll look a bit further in that direction.

The flag is in RPMTAG_FILEFLAGS with value
   RPMFILE_SPECFILE    = (1 <<  5)

Testing whether the bit is on is left as an exercise ...

yes, found.

thanks a lot.

--
Sébastien