Re: Fetching and building dependencies automatically

Since you are working with perl modules, you may find that cpanspec will do a good part of what you want...

  http://cpanspec.sourceforge.net/
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl/cpanspec

I use this for building stuff against Centos 4, using mach to do the actual builds (to ensure they are built in a clean environment). However there is still a significant degree of manual work in here - BSD ports works because someone has already scripted the manual stuff for you :-)

My method is to produce a large pile of SRPMs and iteratively feed them to mach for building (I have not as yet been persuaded that doing real depsolving on these to order them will be faster than just feeding them to mach until they build, so I just pass each one in order to mach, if it fails to build its put back on the bottom of the queue). In my case it rarely takes longer than one decent pub lunch to build the lot (and by that time I may be less inclined to care).

Mach can be found at
  http://thomas.apestaart.org/projects/mach/
There are alternatives for mach (Fedora uses something different, but I like mach)

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]