Re: making a self depending rpm.

On 2/23/07, Nigel Metheringham
<nigel.metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 23 Feb 2007, at 16:05, zac elston wrote:
> Requires(post): /bin/sh
> Requires: /tmp/ruby/usr/local//bin/ruby libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
>
> why is find-requires looking in the RPM_BUILD_ROOT?

I suspect you will find that some scripts have been generated,
probably from autotools macroish stuff, and you will find those
script start

       #!/tmp/ruby/usr/local//bin/ruby

This is likely to be down to *something* like you setting the PREFIX
when building to include the build root.

Typically you set prefix to the final destination, and fiddle the
destination directory on install so something like
       ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
       make DEST=%{buildroot} install

Exact details depends on the build system your package uses...

Sometimes you may have to patch the scripts to that have this bogus prefix.
In Tcl/Tk there were some test scripts like this that really were
never used on the live system so we just patched them to have the
right path to the shell they were using.  In retrospect, I probably
should have removed them from the build root, and then no autodep
could have been generated.

And you are certainly not the first to do this - some packages are
very good at picking up odd paths :-(
Yes this is very common...james