Re: making a self depending rpm.

On 23 Feb 2007, at 16:05, zac elston wrote:
Requires(post): /bin/sh
Requires: /tmp/ruby/usr/local//bin/ruby libc.so.6 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)

why is find-requires looking in the RPM_BUILD_ROOT?

I suspect you will find that some scripts have been generated, probably from autotools macroish stuff, and you will find those script start

	#!/tmp/ruby/usr/local//bin/ruby

This is likely to be down to *something* like you setting the PREFIX when building to include the build root.

Typically you set prefix to the final destination, and fiddle the destination directory on install so something like
	./configure --prefix=/usr/local
	make DEST=%{buildroot} install

Exact details depends on the build system your package uses...

And you are certainly not the first to do this - some packages are very good at picking up odd paths :-(

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]