Re: rpm -U odd behavior

On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:44 PM, marks wrote:

I still wonder why the implementation of an upgrade (-U) would run the
newer packages pre and post scripts and then run the older packages
preun/postun scripts.  I suppose there could be a concern that if the
newer package fails to install correctly the upgrade process is halted and
since the older package was never removed the system has remained
unchanged.

Install needs to be done before remove in order to minimize
the amount of time that librarys and files are unavailable.

73 de Jeff