Re: Binary-only RPMs?

R. Tyler Ballance wrote:
> My project uses NAnt as a build system, and is primarily Mono-based.
> Do I necessarily need to use RPM to build the project so I can
> package it in an RPM?

You would use rpmbuild to package it up into an .rpm file that could
then be installed by the rpm program.  :-)

> Ideally I would like to be able to just package up a shadow directory
> (/usr/local/ansa) and install it via RPM, since my build system is a
> bit less than standard :)

You can simply package up an already present image directory.  Point
your BuildRoot there and name the files to package.  Make sure not to
remove your buildroot during cleanup!  Of course this would be for
your special case situation.  Not a good practice for general use rpm
files.

Give it a try.  If you have specific problems please post again.  I
think with an example of a problem we could suggest more.

Bob