librpm linking issues

I've noticed that as we've brought this Mono assembly that ties into librpm over to older versions of RHEL and SUSE, it'll break because for some (obscenely frustrating) reason when the shared library of mine is built it links against my librpm-4.4.so and stores that in the shared library's linker table, instead of the symbolic link of librpm.so

So, when we moved it to RHEL3, with librpm-4.1.so, it broke, same for RHEL4, etc. While on deployment I can setup a symbolic link from librpm4.4.so -> librpm.so, that;s a bit hackish.

How might I force my Makefile to link my shared library against /usr/lib/librpm.so instead of the versioned one?

This isn't _exactly_ on-topic for the list, but I figured one of you folks might know :)

Cheers
R. Tyler Ballance: Lead Mac Developer at bleep. software
contact: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | jabber: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx