Re: [rpm-list] problems compiling rpm on solaris

Kevin - I think I might need that recipe of yours after all if you've still got it?! I managed to compile rpm 4.1 using gcc (the source was provided on the opensolaris website), but this is dependent on libgcc and I want a version I can distribute to other boxes.

When I tried to build with the c forte compiler I got a few errors in the tools subdirectory and successfully patched those, or at least thought I had, but now when I try to run rpm --install, I get a bus error!

I've downloaded from cvs too, but that didn't create the Makefiles in my libelf, neon, popt and beecrypt subdirs. I was wondering if there's a site where I can download rpm 4.4.7 and give that a try?

Jeff, thanks for your signature check script by the way.

Cheers,

Ed.