Re: quick FAQ

On 12/19/06, Joe Landman <landman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How do I stop rpmbuild from stripping a binary file?  I am building a
kernel module to put into an RPM.  The module works fine and is
insmod'able outside of the rpm package.  During packaging it appears to
be stripped of its symbols which leads to a module format error when
insmod'ing it.  The module in the build tree is fine, the one the binary
 rpm deposits into the requisite location on the machine is not.

Any hints/clues?

If you don't care about the man page compression and all that just add
the following to the end of %install:

   exit 0

A hack, but a simple one.  It works because rpm tacks onto the end of
your %install scriptlet the contents of %__spec_install_post.  The
exit just short circuits this.

Cheers...james