How to preseve the file attributes on the target?

Hi All,
I am trying to map SVR4 packages to RPM and having problems in mapping some of the attributes.

In SVR4 package, you can specify "?" for mode, owner and group which means these attributes will be left unchanged if they already exist on the target. I am not able to find an equivalent to specify attributes in RPM. Is there any way we can tell an RPM package to honor the file attributes on the target and not to change it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Kamal